Who am I?
I'm a relentless autodidact with my main experience coming from music production and composition. I love to challenge myself, branch out, and to drink coffee!
- Birthday: February 23. 1990
- Blog: siftlings.com
- Phone: +47 94 05 94 99
- City: Oslo, Norway
- Age: 327
- Degree: Master of Arts
- Email: [email protected]
- Freelance: Available, limited capacity
What other than coffee, you might ask? Well I'm married with two children, love to learn, and to spend time in the Norwegian woods.
Here's some fun and some not-so-entertaining facts about me and my studio:
Years of Experience
Composer for Media experienced in Audio Engineering and often tasked with taking care of all audio of projects. Seeking to work interdisciplinary with music for interactive media.
- Oslo, Norway
- + 47 94 05 94 99
- [email protected]
Master of Arts (Professional Media Composition)
2017 - 2019
Chichester University/Thinkspace Education
Subjects covering a great variety of different media, specifically working with Film, TV and Video Games. Writing to briefs, scoring drama as well as Music Editing. Dissertation consisted of 30 minutes of music to picture.
2015 - 2016
University of South-Eastern Norway
Bachelor of Rhythmical Music (4 Years)
2011 - 2015
NLA College University
Solid base for working as a musician. My Main instrument while studying was Drum Set.
Religion 1-year Unit
2009 - 2010
University of Stavanger
2011 - Present
- Music for commercials for companies including Hugo Boss, DnB, Kiwi
- Regularly compose for music libraries, both with and without brief.
- Sonic branding for new product and assisted in the creative process.
- Music for games on several smaller projects.
2009 - Present
Online, One on One and lecturing
- Teaching Music Production at NLA College University
- Consulting on Composition and Template Building for individuals
- Tutoring various instruments and leading bands
- Individual Masterclasses covering topics like: Backing-tracks implementation, Musical Direction oversight, Music for Media and Music Production
2020 - Present
- Audio implementation for Unity games through Middleware (FMOD)
- In development: Unity game called Bartox (Musical Adventure game)
- In development: Fullstack cross-platform flutter app called TAVA (Practice journal for musicians)
- Various Game-jams
What my clients say
Every single time I'm in need of audio and music assistance I contact Tormod. That’s not just because I know he will deliver a high quality end product, but also because he is pleasant and fun to work with.
Tormod was a very reliable part of the organising and preparation of my music for a tv series. With extremely tight deadlines his reliability and flexibility helped me out of many tight spots. His curiosity for new technical solutions in the setup of the workflow and his understanding of several platforms/ DAWs and delivery systems was greatly appreciated. Solid.
Nils Harald Sødal
When I made a musical movie as part of with my PhD at the Academy of Fine Arts, there was only one person for me to turn to, and that was Tormod Liseth. When it comes to professional skills, experience and musicality, he is number one. He also happens to be Norway's most likeable guy.
Tormod is my go-to for everything Cubase.
Working with Tormod was a pleasure from start to finish. I highly recommend using Tormod for your musical needs!